The Malaysian Hindu Lawyers Association (MHLA) is a platform created for Hindu Lawyers to address the needs of the Hindu community in Malaysia. The idea to form MHLA was first mooted by a small group individual lawyers together with other professionals.
Later, the idea was shared among lawyers in social media and many lawyers advocated the need to register MHLA with the Registrar of Societies in Malaysia. Thus, MHLA was officially registered on the 10th of February 2016.
The official launch of MHLA was on the 31st July 2016, graced by the Honourable Justice Dato Mahadev Shankar (retired Judge of the Court of Appeal).
Our Guiding Principles
Our guiding principles listed below are based on our slogan “Dharmo Rakshati Rakhshitaha” which translates into ‘Dharma protects those who protect it‘:-
- Sathya: Be truthful. We aspire to serve our community with integrity.
- Ahimsa: Be non-offensive. We aspire to defend the rights of our Hindu community.
- Nudhana: Be innovative. We aspire to adopt a creative, innovative and flexible approach in serving our community.
- Sadbhavana: Promote collaboration. We aspire to collaborate with other individuals and organizations to realise our common objectives.
- Kudhumbakam: Build a positive team and family spirit. We aspire to work well as a team and respect each other in promoting share and care.
- Utsaah: Be passionate. We are passionate about upholding Dharma.
Our Areas of Concern
- Members Welfare
- Hindu Community
- To uphold the principles of Rukun Negara.
- To strengthen unity and familial bond among Hindu Lawyers;
- To promote share and care principle among Hindu Lawyers for common benefit.
- To provide avenues for members to pool resources to resolve issues faced by our Hindu community.
- To promote justice and harmony through the rule of law in the spirit of principles of Hindu Dharma.
- To provide legal guidance in order to create an organised and systematic framework for Hindu institutions and work with relevant authorities to address and resolve issues concerning the Hindu community.
- To provide an intellectual and professional platform for discussions on matters concerning the Hindu community to promote global peace and harmony.
Our ‘Solutions Partner’ Approach
- Providing collective views to the relevant authorities on legal matters affecting the Hindu community.
- Create cordial network and collaboration with other religious Lawyers Association and institutions.
- Create network and liaise with global Hindu Legal Community for common benefits.
Practising Lawyers of Hindu faith domiciled in Malaysia